Winemaker Picnic (Media Preview)
Last Thursday, Stephen and I attended Auction of Washington Wines’ exclusive preview of the upcoming Winemaker Picnic & Barrel Auction event that is coming up next Thursday, August 17 at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville.
Preview wine pourings:
- Sparkman Cellars: 2015 Birdie Riesling, 2014 Apparition Roussanne Blend, 2015 Wonderland Grenache, and 2012 Rainmaker Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barrage Cellars: 2012 Cease and Desist Cabernet Franc, 2016 Concrete Blonde Viognier, and 2013 Double Barrel Cab Sauvignon
- Newsprint Wines: 2015 Newsprint Chardonnay and 2014 Red Blend
Preview menu bites:
- Grilled Ribeye Steak and Hearts of Romaine Salad: Local raspberry and balsamic dressing, gorgonzola cheese, and candied pinenuts
- Beef and Pork Lumpia: A crispy egg roll served with a raspberry chili sauce
- Blueberry Flank Steak Lollipop and Shiitake Mushrooms: Featuring Whitehouse Farms Wild Cultivar – Rubel blueberries
- Grilled Hangar Steak: Klesick Farms blueberries and balsamic maceration, bone marrow butter, arugula and a limoncello lemonade shot
- Rubel Blueberry Sockeye Salmon Lox: Whitehorse Farms Rubel blueberries and huckleberries with orange vinaigrette, berry-blood Orange confit, Kalamata olives, mint, chervil and pumpernickel crisp
At the Winemaker Picnic & Barrel Auction event, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and mingle with Washington winemakers and choose from over 100 wines to taste and try extraordinary bites provided by Tulalip Resort Casino’s acclaimed restaurants. Head over to the Auction of Washington Wines’ website to get details about the event and where to purchase the tickets.