If you want to indulge in an epicurean wine and food event, the Seattle Wine and Food Experience (SWFE) is not to be missed! SWFE returns this year on February 20 and 21 starting with the 2nd Annual Pop! Bubbles & Seafood event on Saturday night at the McCaw Hall. The weekend continues Sunday with the 8th Annual Grand Tasting at the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall. More than 200 vendors including 50 chefs, 500 wines, mixologists, distillers and cider and brew masters come together to showcase their latest creations. Wine and food enthusiasts will enjoy many bites and sips as they stroll through the event to meet wine producers, artisan food purveyors, and chefs. This popular sell-out weekend attracts 2,700 enthusiasts including trade and media. You can purchase your tickets here before they sell out!
Here are some highlights of the upcoming Grand Tasting event on February 21:
- Visit the Celebrity Cruises Modern Luxury Lounge where you can enjoy a handcrafted beverage from Blind Tiger Cocktails and enter a chance to win a 7-day Alaskan cruise!
- Local celebrity Tim Kennedy who started Tim’s Chips will be in attendance for an hour to greet fans and autograph limited edition bags of Tim’s chips to commemorate the brand’s 30th anniversary. Don’t forget to enter a chance to win your one-year supply of Tim’s chips.
- Stella Artois and the American Lamb Board’s Brews & Ewes creates an unforgettable experience as the chefs prepare beer friendly lamb dishes to pair with IPAs, Belgian-style pale ales, and golden lagers. The chef and menu line-up includes:
- The Georgian Chef Gavin Stephenson – smoked lamb meatballs with celeriac gnocchi
- Frolic Chef Adam Stevenson – soy and ginger braised lamb with sesame sticky rice cake and lemon grass curry aioli
- Trellis Chef Brian Scheehser – lamb pastrami on a pretzel crisp with sauerkraut and mustard
- Uli’s Uli Lengenberg – a hand-crafted lamb sausage
- Check out the Northwest Travel Experience where you’ll find Northwest destinations from Alaska to Oregon showcasing culinary tourism.
- Enter to win a two-night get-a-way courtesy of Yakima Valley Tourism!
For a complete list of participating vendors and the wide variety of products to sample at this year’s event, please visit seattlewineandfoodexperience.
Follow Seattle Wine & Food Experience to get the latest updates:
Want to enter to win two tickets to Seattle Wine and Food Experience’s Grand Tasting event on February 21? Please leave a comment this post with a wine or food you’re excited to try at the event. Giveaway ends on February 8, 2016 11:59pm (Pacific Time). The winner will be announced on this post.
***********Winner #4 – Christine Hecker***********
Thank you for entering everyone!
Photo credits: Seattle Wine & Food Experience