Spanish-Inspired Cuisine: White Beans with Sausage
This Spanish-inspired white beans with sausage recipe is simple and quick to make. This dish has loads of flavors!
Do you have ground sausage and a can of white beans in the pantry? This Spanish-inspired white beans with sausage recipe is super easy to throw together any time of the day!
This dish can be made with any ground sausage. I had a container of leftover ground beef and ground chorizo in the fridge I needed to use up, and it was the perfect combo for this dish, but you can use any ground sausage to your liking. When using the can of white beans (or Great Northern Beans), make sure you drain the liquid and rinse the beans clean. You can buy pre-roasted red peppers in a jar. We used the Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Red Peppers (see here). That stuff is amazing! The result was a delicious breakfast complemented with sliced avocados and eggs although this dish can be enjoyed any time of the day. You can omit the ground sausage for a vegetarian meal.
Spanish-Inspired White Beans with Sausage
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This Spanish-inspired white beans and sausage recipe is super easy to throw together any time of the day!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 pound ground sausage (we used a mixture of leftover ground beef and ground chorizo)
pinch of salt & black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon marjoram (or Mexican oregano)
1 large shallot, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped (we used roasted red peppers from a jar)
2 Roma (or 3 Campari) tomatoes, diced
1 15-ounce can northern white beans
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook the ground sausage, breaking up into small pieces. Set aside once cooked through and slightly crispy.
2. In the same pan over medium heat, heat another tablespoon olive oil and sauté the shallot and onion until soft. Add the garlic and sauté a minute more.
3. Add the sausage back to the pan along with the remaining ingredients. Cook until beans are heated through. Salt & pepper to taste.
4. Serve drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
* You can roast your own red bell pepper or buy pre-made roasted red peppers that comes in a jar like Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Red Peppers.
Recipe by Dang That's Delicious